RF/SW Test Technician
Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: RF/SW Test Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for a RF/SW Test Technician:
- Ability to load/connect Antenna, RF/Power/Ethernet cables and configure test parameters through GUI/Scripts in Windows or Linux.
- Ability to operate RF test equipment such as network analyzers.
- Ability to execute S parameter measurements and functional test in near field, far field chamber, EE lab and mobile test vehicles.
- Ability to execute and improve preventive maintenance plan; to troubleshoot issues/failures in software, electric board, motors and mechanical device; to improve productivity by updating process or automation.
- Associate’ s degree in electronics or related field highly desired. Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Associate’ s degree.
- Technical knowledge of RF communication products; familiarity with terms such as “ gain,” “ dB,” etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot machinery and fixtures (cables, connectors, etc.) used in test chambers.
- Ability to communicate information using standard Microsoft applications including Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Ability to automate procedures in Python script highly desirable.
- Ability to execute scripts or GUI program in Windows and Linux OS.
- Ability to use issue tracking tools, e.g. JIRA
- Minimum of two years’ experience running and troubleshooting electronic test equipment, particularly RF test equipment.
- Minimum two years’ experience operating test chambers for electronic products.
- Additional experience running environmental chambers highly desirable.
- Additional experience with test engineering and RF products such as antennas or amplifiers highly desirable.
- Orbit 959 software experience highly desirable.
- Mount antennas and other RF hardware for testing in RF, environmental chambers, EE lab and mobile test platform.
- Run RF and environmental tests, monitor such tests for product failure or chamber failure, and troubleshoot any failures to minimize test interruptions.
- Sustain RF/SW test infrastructure by executing Preventive Maintenance Plan.
- Contribute to improve process and automate procedures where applicable.
- Communicate test results for each shift and cross functional team members and support the troubleshooting efforts
- Be available for second shift and weekend work.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.