Building 88 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: RF Engineer
Position Description: Our client is seeking an RF Electrical Engineer to join their team in Redmond on a long term contract.
- Test RF design and LTE/Wi-Fi performance for various RF test cases within 3GPP, IEEE specs.
- Expert in CMW500, Anritsu tester MT8820 to test 3GPP specifications, carrier and internal requirements.
- Experience in root cause RF test failures and work closely with design team to implement and retest the schematic/layout changes.
- Ability to keep track of SW releases and bugs found and follow up on bug resolutions, capture device and test equipment logs etc.
- Create new test plans to improve RF test coverage and or create targeted testing for a new feature.
- BS/MS and/or 6 to 10 years of relevant cellular device testing
- Working knowledge of EM and antenna theory inside portable wireless devices, including proper grounding, isolation, and desense mitigation techniques.
- Expert in RF standards across 3GPP, IEEE with focus on layer 1 parameters
- Experience and understanding in RF component characteristics and behavior.
- Prior experience with modem and Wi-Fi chipsets and chipset tools is a must.
- Prior experience with cellular test labs/ failure log analysis/FCC testing is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.