R&D Engineering Tech
11911 North Creek Parkway South Bothell, WA 98011
Position Title: R&D Engineering Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington.
- Perform hands-on work on a daily basis to assemble, inspect, and test prototype circuits and medical device instrumentation.
- Assist with design verification, installation qualification, and calibration of test instrumentation.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot electronic assemblies to the component level and assist with failure analysis of medical device instrumentation.
- Analyze and interpret test and process data, maintain status reports as assigned.
- Efficiently maintain organization of the engineering lab.
- Maintain accurate written records that track inventory, processes, and supplies.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company' s quality system.
- Interact with co-workers in a professional manner.
- Train production assemblers on new or modified equipment/processes.
- Support engineering with development of production and inspection procedures and equipment.
- Conceive, analyze, document and propose process improvement ideas.
- Write equipment operation and assembly procedures.
- Minimum of two years of technical training and two years of relevant experience.
- Experience can substitute for technical training.
- Previous medical device experience highly desirable.
- Troubleshoot electronics to the component level
- Perform SMT soldering with Lead-Free solder on 0603 devices including warm-up and cool down using air
- Follow ESD and Medical Device rules including paperwork/DHR
- Able to describe their thinking verbally and in writing
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant equipment and assembly processes/ techniques.
- Working knowledge of electronics with basic analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical test methods and tools.
- Ability to work with adhesives, solvents and solder.
- Post high school abilities in math and writing.
- Adept computer skills in word-processing, spreadsheets, and related software interface tooling.
- Ability to read engineering drawings/ schematics and perform limited tolerance evaluations.
- A working knowledge of GMP, ISO 13485, MDD requirements and IPC-A-610.
- Must have the ability to work with miniature components under a microscope.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and minimal direction on a daily basis.
- Ability to communicate issues verbally and in writing to engineering and management.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.