3561 Shelby Ln Denton, TX 76207 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Quality Engineer opportunity located in Denton, TX.
- Managing and maintaining the Internal and External Corrective Action system for GTI.
- Managing and maintaining the Internal and External Audit process for GTI.
- Managing and maintaining nonconformance process, tool calibration and conduct investigations and corrective actions into product failures and external and internal non-conformities.
- Develop and maintain monitoring and measuring metrics.
- Conduct internal and external quality audits of GTI’s Quality Management System (QMS) and suppliers.
- Identify continual improvement opportunities and investigate implementation of the opportunities.
- Manage any product testing requirements to be complaint with product, regulatory, or customer requirements.
- Experience with the AS9100D and AS9102 standards inspection planning, tools and processes required.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Quality.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of eight years inspection experience with aviation parts; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- Familiar with Aerospace quality terms and concepts.
- Knowledge of aircraft parts and assembly.
- Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineer drawings and additional customer supplied data.
- Designees must be familiar with and have ready access to all appropriate FAA publications and documents.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from leadership or clients.
- Knowledgeable in mathematical operations and performing measurement conversions.
- Ability to identify the difference between accuracy and precision.
- Capable of determining sample size for lots.
- Ability to use measuring devices required to complete inspection activities.
- Familiar with GD&T, and recognition of basic NDT terminology.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office® programs ®, Office, and with MRP systems. Advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
- Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Able to reach overhead.
- Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
- Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting tasks).
- Full range of motion with both hands.
- Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in cramped areas.
- Direct Hire
- Location: Denton, TX
- Salary Range: $87,760 - $142,610
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well