Project Manager (security)
1020 Kifer Road Sunnyvale, CA 94086 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for Project Manager (security) with our client that is located in Sunnyvale, CA.
Job Responsibilities: Plans and coordinates all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from initiation to delivery. Projects often involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC and Server deployment and the like. Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments. Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints. Projects may vary in number, size and complexity.
• Set up project in ISI tracking systems (AnaPlan and Smartsheet)
• Create project schedule with input from engineer(s) and architect/project owner
• Develop project slides (powerpoint)
• Set up and hold weekly project status meetings with notes and setup /run design and other Ad Hoc meetings as needed
• Update schedule and smartsheet project in for on a weekly basis
• Other PMO related tasks as assigned.
• 10 years of overall Experience with at least 5 years working on projects/programs and 3 + years security related projects (security hardware (Firewalls/VPN other Hardware, security solutions /security software, access management / compliance solutions, other security related projects
• Familiar with a PMO playbook (how PMO run projects are managed/what tasks need to be done during project phases)
• PMP not required, but a plus
• Security related certificate not required but a plus
• Knowledge of QA process useful but not required
• Some scripting experience highly desirable
• Experience with implementation of IT security projects implementation required. Experience with implementation of any of the following:
? Network security systems (firewall, network layer control)
? User management, (Password, login management tools
? End user security software (Antivirus, EDR software, etc...)
? Email security.
• Application experience:
? Office apps ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio. scripting language(s))
? Smartsheet experience useful but not required
? Anaplan experience useful, but not required
? Ability to influence others, this is a situation where you will be asking people from other departments for deliverables.
• Contract: 12 months.
• Pay Rate: $80 - $86 /hr
• Location: Sunnyvale, CA (Hybrid 2-3 days on site)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.