Bothell, WA 98011 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Project Engineer opportunity located in Bothell, WA.
- Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research, ongoing development, and new business requirements.
- Works with customers and management to obtain SOW approval.
- Identifies and manages changes to SOW, assesses the impact of those changes, and incorporates as required.
- Negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
- Identifies program performance metrics.
- Plans identifies and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program
- Lead a team of up to 50 engineers. Provide planning, organization, coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Manages multiple priorities and competing tasks while prioritizing and assigning tasks and assignments to team members.
- Works constructively with other departments and vendors to gain consensus on the best plan of attack on each program issue
- Communicates clearly with the engineering team, other departments, the customer and vendors as required to facilitate smooth completion of the engineering package
- Plans an engineering package, prepares staffing plans, anticipates critical path issues and sets a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
- Provides periodic project status to upper management using the latest presentation techniques.
- Stays on top of a program, delivers message to GTI Engineers, and serves as the focal point and conductor for all engineering activities on a particular program.
- Delegates responsibility to achieve efficiency.
- Evaluates and approves designs, changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Maintains regular attendance
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering or equivalent, minimum 7 years industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of aircraft structural, interior, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Structural substantiation and certification.
- Aviation background and aircraft interior experience required.
- Ability to meet high expectations for meeting strict schedule, budget and technical solutions.
- Ability to lead engineers through an entire project including creating their own schedules and holding them accountable for meeting the strict deadlines with minimal margin of error.
- Ability to adapt to tailored processes designed for prototype engineering (vs. production engineering).
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Ability to lead team of up to 20 Engineers in productive and efficient manner to generate aircraft modification engineering.
- Ability to coach, train, and mentor team of engineers.
- Ability to assess team strengths and delegate work to gain maximum results.
- Ability to work constructively with other departments and vendors to gain consensus on the best plan for each program issue.
- Ability to prepare meeting materials and conduct design reviews as required to keep all parties informed of progress, gain team consensus and progress the engineering package to completion.
- Ability to plan an engineering package, prepare staffing plans, anticipate critical path issues and set a schedule to meet program schedules and budgets.
- Strong communication, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills should include the ability to use CAD systems, spreadsheets, word processing, project scheduling and project presentation software.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Direct Hire
- Location: Bothell, WA
- Salary Range: $96,560 - $156,910
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well