Professional Service Engineer
1 1, OR 97204
Position Title: Professional Service Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client for an experienced Professional Service Engineer.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestically
- 5+ years experience in software DevOps, Systems Administration, Automation, or Network Infrastructure
- Solid background programming with Unix &/or Linux SysAdmin or DevOps, including automation
- Strong customer relations & presentation skills - must be able to speak well in front of an audience and with customers
- Excitement about working with the Enterprise and Open Source community
- Passion for problem solving
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Technical degree (CS/IT/Eng/ITSec) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience clients and internal resources in face-to-face, telephone, virtual meetings and the ability to work and interact as a member of a group or team
- Requires logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Applicants with the Certification are a plus
- Programming skills (Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Windows systems administration experience, including Microsoft PowerShell
- Large scale infrastructure experience
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Knowledge of data center management, systems management, and monitoring, networking & security
- Professional services experience in an open source/enterprise software company
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.