4045-A Campbell Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025
Position Title: Production Planner
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, California.
- Acts on Sales Order releases, action and exception messages from the company ERP system.
- Plans and manages production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’ s production capacity.
- Analyzes sales order releases with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Monitors inventory levels, schedules and availability of selected item, either manufactured or purchased, to meet production schedules.
- Completes shipping information and delivery date input during sale order reviews.
- Reviews work in process material transactions from production floor.
- Reviews sales orders against current requirements using the material requirement planning report – forecast consumption.
- Interfaces with manufacturing personnel, the purchasing and supervisors on material status and production planning issues.
- Prepares selected management reports.
- ERP System development and management
- BS or BA Degree in Business or Operations/Industrial Engineering Preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a start-up environment.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with ERP production planning, control, and execution systems (QAD preferred).
- Minimum five (5) years in a manufacturing environment with a medical device manufacturer.
- Proven understanding and familiarity with Lean Manufacturing environment processes and previous involvement in business process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent reading, writing and math skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and work under pressure to meet schedule deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and team player with the able to work with minimal supervision.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.