Production Design Manager
100 Rivian Motorway Bloomington, IL 61761 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Production Design Manager with our client located in Normal, IL.
- In this position you will works closely with the Design, Construction, EH&S, AV, IT, Manufacturing Engineering, Vendors and Purchasing managers to ensure construction projects are designed and built to house and properly support the continued improvements to the Production facility.
- As a member of the Design team you will compile all the required inputs and requirements into a consolidated scope plan. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative, creative thinker, with a solid understanding of architectural, engineering and general design standards and practices.
- Manage expectations of multiple internal stakeholders and external partners
- Maintain a holistic involvement in all projects to develop efficiencies on adjacent projects
- Create presentation content for project approval
- Produce Schematic and Design Development level documentation, including schedules, specifications, and details articulating design intent
- Coordinate and manage consultants (architects, engineers, vendors, and fabricators).
- Review and respond to drawings, shop drawings, and submittals
- File and track project information and documentation?
- Develop specs and details with our in-house Standards and Prototype updates/ initiatives
- Participate in project site visits and surveys through project commissioning.
- 8+ years of architectural, engineering and/or interior design experience
- A college degree in architecture, interior design or directly related field
- Strong portfolio demonstrating built design or architecture experience (including furniture specifications, products, and materials)
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to manage multiple projects in various phases.
- Proficient in developing and managing processes, design standards and narratives
- Resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD and Bluebeam.
- Pay Rate: $95 - $103 /hr
- Location: Normal, IL
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.