Product Manager - Honolulu
Building 19, 94035, 1078 Moffett Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94043 US
Position Title: Product Manager
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting Direct Hire Product Manager positions available with our client located in Honolulu HI.
- Will work with customer stakeholders to define use cases, translate use cases into specifications, quantify and track business value, provide oversight to technical teams and data scientists to drive measurable outcomes, and work across technical teams to proliferate our AI software.
- This position requires technical aptitude and a combination of skills: strategy consulting, facilitation, stakeholder management, project management, process optimization, analytics, and AI methods - a person who loves fixing problems and always brings their best to work. As this position will be our “eyes and ears” in Honolulu, the Product Manager will be the primary driver for identifying significant opportunities, and driving product vision, strategies and roadmaps in the context of broader organizational strategies and goals.
- Successful candidates will oversee the entire software implementation life cycle and accomplish the following activities:
- Collaborate with customers to craft compelling use cases that drive business value, translate use cases into requirements and specifications, validate the tractability and define the data requirements for AI use cases.
- Quantify and track value metrics that can be realized from enterprise AI software.
- Advise executive customer stakeholders on future use case roadmap and implementation plans aligned to solutions and drive customer success and adoption with a focus on customer retention, advocacy and expansion.
- Turn business requirements into application features and capabilities, map use cases to granular team tasks and produce detailed production project work plans.
- Lead the engagement team to perform implementation activities in collaboration with team members from Application Development, Data Integration, Solution Architecture, Data Science, Products, QA, and DevOps.
- Dive into technical details and lead activities to ensure successful delivery to our customers (e.g., functional scoping, application and data integration quality assurance, deliver training, issue debugging and resolution).
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, remove obstacles and accelerate the path to customer success, track and address risks before they become issues, solve delivery challenges, addressing resource contention, scoping issues and managing expectations.
- Develop high quality and polished internal and external deliverables and other documentation to enable customer success, building a trusted advisor relationship.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with customers, define and interpret the AI results in the customer's business context.
- Provide oversight to the data science team and ensure a compelling outcome.
- Provides monthly status reports and clearly communicates program successes and issues to reflect performance as compared to the program's baseline and performance standards.
- Ensure the optimum mix of cost, schedule, performance, and system supportability throughout the life cycle. (design, development, testing and evaluation, production and disposition)
- Represent the program and the client in interactions with stakeholders; be comfortable with briefings, demos, etc.
- A Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or similar field; Advanced Engineering degree or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years delivery management experience with enterprise solutions.
- Experience leading engagements with substantial exposure and involvement with data science, cloud infrastructure, solution architecture, application development, and data engineering.
- Credible customer presence, capable of stepping into a trusted advisor role.
- Data-driven, analytically oriented, with a commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to successfully communicate and work with senior-level stakeholders.
- Leadership experience, the ability to enforce good project governance and promote delivery excellence.
- Effectively work across customer and internal teams to problem solve, define scope, write technical specifications, quantify and track success metrics, and manage against a plan.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate between the business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both.
- Excellent presentation, written, communication with keen attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- This role requires Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher) is highly preferred.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.