Procurement Specialist - PCBA
16700 13th Ave West Lynnwood, WA 98046-9727 US
Position Title: Procurement Specialist - PCBA
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Procurement Specialist of PCBA with our client located in Lynnwood, WA.
- The Procurement Specialist is a key interface to suppliers within the PCBA commodity, including supporting contract negotiation, sourcing strategy support and implementation, supplier selection and linkage.
- Work with the Commodity Manager growing long term strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Nurture and manage relationships with key suppliers, managing different cost reduction and productivity projects, and new program sourcing requirements
- Support efforts to establish cost effective, long term solutions with key suppliers to optimize total acquisition cost of materials and ensure availability of required materials
- Support new product development as an integral development team member to assure the best supply solution is leveraged for the life of program in alignment with the established sourcing strategy
- Assure recurring cost targets are achieved for purchased and subcontracted content
- Support cost reduction initiatives as an integral team member with responsibility to identify and drive execution of the best supply solution
- Liaise with the site procurement organization to assure the supply strategies identified as part of new product development and legacy production are executed in accordance with the plans
- Monitor and report through visual metrics performance to the cost, lead time, and quality targets
- Utilize objective supplier performance data to drive continuous improvement in supplier base performance, including feedback to suppliers for the programs and the proactive resolution of issues with suppliers
- Develop and negotiate long term Agreements, Blanket PO’s and Stocking Agreements for the programs in support of product line production plans
- Function as commodity expert focal point for the client, including being a responsive, effective commodity team member
- Communicate and coordinate with New Product Introduction Teams, Engineers, and outsourcing teams to drive action plans toward achieving program deliverables
- Provide prompt resolution of commodity issues raised from the product lines and manufacturing support shops
- Participate in development and maintenance of Strategic Sourcing Commodity Plan
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Three (3) + years of experience in Sourcing / Procurement, Subcontracts Management or other supply chain role with proven results and a BA or BS degree in any discipline. Or, One (1) + year(s) of experience in Sourcing / Procurement, Subcontracts Management and a BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Previous experience interfacing with suppliers within the PCBA commodity arena is ideal.
- Aerospace environment experience is ideal, but not required.
- Similar commodity experience to PCBA is required, including supporting contract negotiation, sourcing strategy support and implementation, supplier selection and linkage is required.
- Solid understanding of sourcing strategy development and purchasing
- Understanding of aerospace electronic s specifications and comparisons
- Broad knowledge of electronics industry practices and innovations related to delivery performance and cost and lead time reduction
- Demonstrated ability to develop, negotiate and administer long term agreements
- Proven ability to develop and execute action plans and communicate /coordinate cross functionally with Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing Operations and Suppliers to achieve company goals
- Ability to understand complex customer flow down requirements and work with suppliers to make sure those requirements are met
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a wider Aerospace team
- Previous experience or proven potential to create and maintain relationships with Manufactures and internal suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain or equivalent experience is ideal
- Master’s Degree is a plus
- Professional certification (APICS, CPM, CPSM) is desired
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Job Type-Direct hire
- Location: Lynnwood, WA (WFH 2 days a week - not 100% remote)
- Salary Range: $94,993 to $118,684
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.