Procurement Specialist - Electronic Components
16700 13th Ave West Lynnwood, WA 98046-9727 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Procurement Specialist of Electronic Components with our client located in Lynnwood, WA. This position can sit in Lynnwood, WA or our client's Burbank, CA facility.
- The Procurement Specialist is a key interface to suppliers within the electronic component commodity, including supporting contract negotiation, sourcing strategy support and implementation, supplier selection and linkage.
- Work with the Commodity Manager growing long term strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Previous experience with Electronic Components in this capacity is required.
- Nurture and manage relationships with key suppliers, managing different cost reduction and productivity projects, and new program sourcing requirements
- Support efforts to establish cost effective, long term solutions with key suppliers to optimize total acquisition cost of materials and ensure availability of required materials
- Support new product development as an integral development team member to assure the best supply solution is leveraged for the life of program in alignment with the established sourcing strategy
- Assure recurring cost targets are achieved for purchased and subcontracted content
- Support cost reduction initiatives as an integral team member with responsibility to identify and drive execution of the best supply solution
- Liaise with the site procurement organization to assure the supply strategies identified as part of new product development and legacy production are executed in accordance with the plans
- Monitor and report through visual metrics performance to the cost, lead time, and quality targets
- Utilize objective supplier performance data to drive continuous improvement in supplier base performance, including feedback to suppliers for the programs and the proactive resolution of issues with suppliers
- Develop and negotiate long term Agreements, Blanket PO’s and Stocking Agreements for the programs in support of product line production plans
- Function as commodity expert focal point for the client, including being a responsive, effective commodity team member
- Communicate and coordinate with New Product Introduction Teams, Engineers, and outsourcing teams to drive action plans toward achieving program deliverables
- Provide prompt resolution of commodity issues raised from the product lines and manufacturing support shops
- Participate in development and maintenance of Strategic Sourcing Commodity Plan
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Three (3) + years of experience in Sourcing / Procurement, Subcontracts Management or other supply chain role with proven results and a BA or BS degree in any discipline. Or, One (1) + year(s) of experience in Sourcing / Procurement, Subcontracts Management and a BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Management.
- Previous experience interfacing with suppliers within the electronic component commodity arena, including supporting contract negotiation, sourcing strategy support and implementation, supplier selection and linkage is required.
- Solid understanding of sourcing strategy development and purchasing
- Understanding of aerospace electronic s specifications and comparisons
- Broad knowledge of electronics industry practices and innovations related to delivery performance and cost and lead time reduction
- Demonstrated ability to develop, negotiate and administer long term agreements
- Proven ability to develop and execute action plans and communicate /coordinate cross functionally with Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing Operations and Suppliers to achieve company goals
- Ability to understand complex customer flow down requirements and work with suppliers to make sure those requirements are met
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a wider Aerospace team
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Professional certification (APICS, CPM, CPSM) is desired
- Job Type-Direct hire
- Location: Lynnwood, WA or Burbank, CA (WFH 2 days a week - not 100% remote)
- Salary Range: $94,993 to $118,684
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.