Procurement Project Coordinator
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Procurement Project Coordinator opportunity.
- Work with Procurement Group Management to manage modifications to the high-level engineering schedule through interfaces to project controls organization on behalf of the procurement group.
- Initiate and facilitate change process approvals for new and emerging procurement activities consistent with project scheduling standards.
- Align and manage breakdown of the high-level engineering tasks into discretized activity schedules (subtask breakdown) for the procurement area.
- Work with the procurement group management to verify and track team assignments within schedule, manage resource levelization over time and generate resource forecasting on a regular basis.
- Communicate and coordinate buy-in from relevant stakeholders and track requests to the procurement group management.
- Develop, refine, and manage the standard design activity sequences in preparation for schedule development of future design phases and procurement activities.
- Generating detailed versions for specific activity sequences such as procurements or integrated analyses.
- Manage detailed schedule logic tie interfaces for activities within the procurement team, as well as the external logic links to other design team areas.
- Create and track milestones alignment to task activities.
- Gather status reporting from relevant teams and manage updates to project reporting venues.
- Provide periodic status updates to project leadership and identify shortfalls in resource allocations and/or sequence timing.
- Analyze and report on the project schedule metrics (Earned Value) to the procurement group management, including schedule and cost performance as well as identify staffing needs in a timely manner
- Work with procurement group management to drive the procurement schedule activities through regular schedule review meetings.
- Lead planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for activities within a system, as well as their integration with an overall project schedule.
- Interface with engineering groups to identify predecessors and successors needed for schedule activities.
- Interface with and support licensing schedule activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- B.S. in Engineering related discipline from an accredited university
- 5+ years engineering work experience with proven project coordination or project management experience, preferably in nuclear projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and build positive working relationships.
- Strong problem identification and resolution skill.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of complex mechanical systems, structures and equipment
- Previous experience with power plants, procurements, or complex systems.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project, P6, or Jira.
- Experience with radiological controls at nuclear power plants
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical and project performance excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to drive a project schedule with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $55-70/h
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.