Principle Senior Safety Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Principle Senior Safety Engineer with our client in Bellevue, Washington.
- Develop and apply thermal-hydraulic analysis methods from steady state one dimensional network hydraulic analysis to transient, three-dimensional, component-level calculations
- Support Validation and Verification (V&V) efforts of novel reactor designs and develop methodologies to support analysis efforts
- Integrate with experimental team to propose experiments to support safety case conclusions and assumptions
- Develop high-quality documentation that feeds into formal safety analysis for regulatory review
- M.S. Degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Chemical engineering (or equivalent) with application to Nuclear Systems
- 3-7 years’ experience in Nuclear Systems Thermal-Hydraulic analysis and transients to support safety calculations
- 3-7 years’ experience with a nuclear systems code (e.g. RELAP, SASSYS, GOTHIC)
- Knowledgeable of nuclear systems fundamentals such as thermal hydraulics, neutronics, dynamics, and general reactor transient behavior
- Understanding of numerical (solvers, discretization) schemes typically employed in transient analysis codes
- Familiarity with code V&V and associated regulatory requirements
- Programming language proficiency with at least one of python (preferred), Fortran, C++, R, etc.
- Familiarity and experience with analysis of Anticipated Operational Occurrence (AOO), Design Basis Event (DBE), Design Basis Accident (DBA), and/or Beyond Design Basis Event (BDBE) is required
- Demonstrated ability to participate on a multi-disciplinary team of engineers
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Experience with other reactor designs, especially fast spectrum systems, can be considered when differentiating candidates
- Experience with thermal-hydraulic scaling is a plus
- Familiarity with nuclear design, regulatory requirements, and risk-informed performance-based technology guidance for Non-Light Water Reactors is a plus (Licensing Modernization Project process described in NEI-18-04).
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.