Principal Wireless Network Engineer
2425 152nd Ave NE, Suite 2425 98052 Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Title: Principal Wireless Network Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire Principal Wireless Network Engineer Network Engineer Supervisor opportunity.
- Develop the strategic wireless networks design roadmap for Company's systems to coexist in a crowded unlicensed band spectrum, optimizing WiFi performance for the end users
- Guide interoperability initiatives, such as network frequency/channel planning, wireless power delivery settings to optimize coexistence, network planning tools and advanced methods of maximizing wireless power delivery while reducing interference to communications systems
- 10 years in wireless networks engineering for product development at electronics manufacturers in consumer products, wireless, telecom or related industries.
- Delivering complex wireless products, including protocols, simulations/models, link budgets, standards and compliance.
- Wireless system engineering product design experience (e.g. cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, LoRa, satellite, etc.) and depth working with telecom or radar systems preferred.
- Familiarity with wireless systems and standards, such as 5G/4G/3G/2G cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth and ZigBee, as well as standards setting bodies like 3GPP and IEEE.
- Wireless systems, networks and telecommunication engineering fundamentals
- Proven track record of delivering on Wi-Fi products and/or contributing to IEEE 802.11 protocol implementation
- Expert on WLAN protocols, PHY and MAC layers (focus on WiFi IEEE 802.11)
- Proven track record of implementation and/or verification of the IEEE 802.11protocols in HW/FW, including end-to-end performance
- Simulation skills to model PHY and MAC layer operations, throughput optimization, traffic loading and channel modeling
- Scope and support the implementation of verification tests for wireless communication systems
- BS EE, ECE or equivalent technical field required, MS or PhD preferred.
- Contract to hire
- Pay Range: $100-$106/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates