Principal Software Engineer
46757 Fremont Blvd., Fremont, CA 94538
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract to hire opportunity with our client in Fremont, California.
- Hands on experience with L2/L3 managed switches functionalities: SFP, VLAN, MPLS, LAG, LACP
- Advanced knowledge on Open Switch, SONiC and OpenvSwitch
- Proven development skills with ASIC switches, e.g. Marvell Prestera, Soho.
- Knowledge in Linux kernel and embedded programming
- Linux Networking stack.
- Networking, routing and security concepts and application – BGP/OSPF, VPN/IPSec
- Virtualization – SDN/NFV, KVM.
- VM orchestration - OpenStack, OpenFlow, OpenDaylight
- Analysis and design of complete solutions for proposed networking functionalities
- Review product requirement documents, implements and tracks development timelines
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Solid experience with software development in C/C++, Python and Java
- Excellent development skills with managed networking switches
- Working experiencing on providing technical leadership to ensure that all necessary functions, chips and OSes are effectively executed, while preserving platform independence of protocol stacks
- Ensure the satisfaction of your customers and other stakeholders within the company
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.