Principal Software Engineer
12920 SE 38th Street Bellevue, WA 98006
Position Title: Principal Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting long contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington.
- Work with a team of software developers, network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meets customer' s requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments
- Architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro-services, SDN (Software Defined Network), NFV (Network Function Virtualization), and Big Data platforms and technologies.
- May be an informal team leader.
- Expert level in Java
- Proficiency in Python
- Expert level in developing scalabale API’ s with security, authentication, authorization
- Experience in developing API platform / Portals for external access
- Experience in Document Database (DynamoDb, MongoDb, Cassandra, CosmosDb)
- Experience in relational databases such as Oracle or SQL server
- Docker and related similar container orchestration
- Software system designing, design patterns, OOPS concepts
- Data and system security
- Experience in AWS or Azure platforms
- Consuming and developing REST API’ s
- Ability to develop solutions with automated building, testing, deployment and reliability
- Knowledge of networking/ internet protocols
- Ability to adapt to technologies as needed
- Test automation
- Continuous integration and delivery
- 10 + years of overall experience
- 8+ years of Architecture/Design experience
- 3+ years of mentoring developers
- Bachelor degree required-Masters degree preferred
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- IoT devices and protocols
- MQTT protocol
- ReactJS, AngularJS
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.