Principal SPRA Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Principal SPRA Engineer opportunity.
- Manage SPRA work performed by company vendors in coordination with risk assessment teams, plant design, deterministic safety analysis, and other engineering disciplines.
- Ensure that the SPRA is appropriate to support plant design and licensing and within regulatory requirements, guidance, and standards such as risk-informed performance-based technology guidance for Non-Light Water Reactors (RG 1.233 and NEI 18-04) and ASME/ANS Non-Light Water PRA standard.
- Lead the development of planning and schedule for SPRA related activities.
- Provide technical guidance to engineers and managers on reliability and various SPRA-related topics.
- Participate in SPRA peer reviews.
- Review and support the development of event and fault trees for SPRA models to support frequency and consequence analysis under LMP.
- Review and support the development of seismic induced accident sequences.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of engineers to establish core and reactor SSC functional, reliability, performance, safety, and quality requirements as well as support the overall design.
- Establish and maintain documentation of model development and analysis results.
- Perform engineering reviews of analyses and other engineering design media.
- Perform risk integration using the PRA model to report risk metrics and importance measures.
- Perform focused PRA analysis to support trade studies.
- Perform hand calculations using first principles to assess and validate more complex models for system performance, containment performance, and radiological consequences.
- Prepare topical reports describing PRA methods and analytical results for customers and regulators.
- Deliver presentations for internal management and external customers and regulators.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in nuclear, mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering (or similar)
- Fifteen years or more of experience in Probabilistic Risk Assessment
- In-depth knowledge on PRA principles and the ASME/ANS Non-Light Water PRA standard.
- In-depth knowledge on risk-informed performance-based regulations and applications, such as NEI 18-04 or 10 CFR 50.69.
- In-depth knowledge of PRA fundamentals in data, human reliability, accident analysis, severe accidents, and source terms assessments.
- Experience with PRA software: FRANX in particular; CAFTA, SAPHIRE, Risk Spectrum, or other similar software still considered valuable.
- Experience with performing assessments using codes such as GOTHIC, MELCOR, RADTRAD, or similar tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience with sodium cooled reactors or other advanced reactors preferred.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language.
- A broad understanding of the various engineering disciplines and how they interrelate in the design of a Nuclear Power Plant.
- High degree of trust, integrity, open communication, respect for others, and teamwork.
- 12 month Contract
- Location: 100 % REMOTE
- Pay Rate Range: $80-100/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.