Principal Project Controls Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Principal Project Controls Engineer with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Utilize EVMS principles and other project management best practices to support the project team in the execution of defined scope and deliverables.
- Lead month-end Earned Value reporting process including assessing of BCWS, BCWP, ACWP, SPI, CPI, EAC, BAC, and VAC for assigned tasks with variance reports to be written for any values that exceed established thresholds.
- Provide periodic budget requirement updates to Finance.
- Gather, analyze, verify cost and performance data, and monitor project work in place costs including procurement, subcontractor spend and accruals and provide such information to company Finance.
- Lead change control process through development of Project Change Notices (PCNs) for changes affecting baseline budget, scope or schedule impacts which exceed established thresholds and process these changes into the P6 baseline and live schedule monthly.
- Support internal and external stakeholders by the creation of ad-hoc reports, analysis, and forecasting as required.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas and communicate these issues through Power BI dashboards and other collaborative modeling tools.
- Support the facilitation of project review meetings, and project planning as assigned and actively interact with project team members as the primary project controls point of contact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent technical field preferred.
- PMP or AACE certificate is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of project controls and project scheduling experience, preferably some in the nuclear industry including work in R&D, engineering and/or Department of Energy (DOE O 413.3B) projects.
- Proficiency in Oracle Primavera P6 and EPPM application.
- Proficiency in MS Power BI Service and advance MS Excel skillset.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and JIRA a bonus.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker, and ability to operate with a high level of autonomy to complete assigned tasks.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
2-07-2023 - Harshita - Viewed 200+ profiles through LinkedIn, Monster & Bullhorn, Tagged 7 for this job, and Reached out to all 7 Potential candidates.