Principal Engineer - Software
11720 North Creek Parkway N new 7/22/15 Bothell, WA 98011
Position Title: Principal Engineer - Software
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington.
- Analyze product requirements for selected components and develop software architectures and
- Design specifications for implementing these requirements.
- Design, implement and test embedded real-time software for medical devices
- Implementation of software design using C and C++ as well as .NET.
- Integration and maintenance of embedded software.
- Carries out system integration of hardware and software.
- Develops tests for device software, including automated tests.
- Works on PC applications to support product interactions.
- Holds and participates in technical design reviews.
- Strong experience with C/C++
- Experience with multiple embedded/real-time operating systems required (drivers/interfacing with hardware)
- Experience with Windows Embedded/Medical device is nice to have
- 6+ years of experience programming in a variety of languages, including object-oriented languages is required
- Experience producing software for medical devices and quality regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience working with medical device design control processes is preferred.
- Successful experience with new product development is preferred.
- Candidates must be self-directed and able to work with overall direction.
- Ideal candidates will have good written and oral communication skills, a team-oriented approach, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Development experience with embedded platforms
- Low-level device driver implementation experience
- Hands-on experience with typical electronics laboratory test equipment Effective communication and documentation skills
- A self-motivated and results-oriented individual
- Develops complex technical design projects
- An expert level working knowledge of software engineering concepts/principals
- Acts as a mentor to Software Engineers
- Must have experience in managing the full life cycle of a project
- Familiarity with requirements for formal testability
- Control system design and implementation desired
- Background in medical device development preferred
- Background in diagnostic or therapeutic ultrasound preferred
- Graphics programming desired
- Experience with C# and .NET desired
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.