Principal Engineer - Lasers and Optics
11720 North Creek Parkway N new 7/22/15 Bothell, WA 98011
Position Title: Principal Engineer - Laser and Optics
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington.
- Design energy based medical devices utilizing laser/optical energy for non-invasive/minimally invasive body contouring and aesthetic dermatology applications.
- Perform device simulations and analysis of prototype systems.
- Implement designs and build prototypes.
- Perform laboratory measurements and analysis using state of the art instrumentation to verify simulated models.
- Support animal and laboratory studies of prototype systems for feasibility studies.
- Document results of simulations, measurements, and analysis in a form of technical reports.
- Prepare and present results of the research to the department staff and to other internal customers.
- Develop product design specifications, technical reports, and documents in accordance with company, ISO-9001, FDA, and other requirements.
- Participate in reliability testing of overall systems.
- Research and analyze data such as customer requests and specifications to determine feasibility of designs.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure projects conform to all regulatory and quality regulations.
- Interface with electrical, mechanical, and software resources as part of a cross-disciplinary design team.
- Provide engineering support for Manufacturing and Service related activities.
- MS in any Engineering or Scientific discipline(s) related to Laser and/or Optical Engineering is required, PhD is highly desirable.
- Experimental and theoretical experience with fiber, diode, pulse dye lasers and/or IPL (Intense Pulse Light) devices.
- Experience with laboratory equipment associated with Laser and/or Optical energy measurements.
- Experience with software tools (i.e. Visual Basic, MATLAB, etc.).
- Working knowledge of one of the following: COMSOL, ZEMAX, CODE V, and/or LightTools software.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical CAD software is desired.
- Laboratory and/or Clinical experience with the mechanism of action in tissue due to exposure of Laser and/or Optical energy modalities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment that includes hardware, software, RF, and mechanical engineers as well as project managers.
• Skilled in problem definition, data collection and analysis, generating solid conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to multi-task, and capable of executing multiple assignments on time.
- 5+ years of industry experience is highly desirable. However, recent college graduates with relevant academic experience are encouraged to apply.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.