Principal DSP Systems Engineer
10885 NE 4th Street, Suite 250 Bellevue, WA 98004
Position Title: Principal DSP Systems Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington.
- Data analysis and algorithm development to evolve LiDAR system performance at all levels from physical layer waveform processing to spatial point cloud processing.
- Develop comprehensive system models in Python and / or C/C++ including noise sources, interference sources, and distortion effects. Leverage these models to guide and optimize embedded system architecture for performance, power, cost, and reliability.
- Work with mechanical, electrical, electro-optical, software and firmware teams to prototype algorithms on FPGA and software platforms prior to ASIC implementation
- Analyze high level customer requirements and application use cases to derive key system requirements.
- Present data, methods, and conclusions to the technical and leadership team.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Expert in signal processing theory and statistics including hypothesis testing/detection, parameter estimation, stochastic processes, sampling, optimal filtering, beamforming, and spectral analysis
- Expert at modeling DSP algorithms and systems in Matlab, Python, or C/C++
- Experience mapping signal processing subsystems into embedded platforms, including an understanding of hardware/software partitioning, interface definition, high-speed signaling, timing, and control.
- Experience synthesizing requirement allocation from system budgets, customer feedback, and measured data.
- Familiarity with analog signal processing chains and performance metrics such as noise figure, linearity, DC offsets, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience in LiDAR system design preferred but related experience in RADAR or ultrasound will also be considered
- Data processing experience for computer vision or other image processing applications
- Experience in ASIC development from a system and signal processing perspective
- Python programming including numerical libraries such as Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, etc
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates