Power Electronics Engineer
1016 N Lincoln Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15233 US
Job Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Power Electronics Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
- B.S. in applicable Engineering field (Electrical or Aerospace preferred) or relevant work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in power systems development
- Demonstrated ability to carry out complicated analysis tasks, including developing the necessary tools/methodology and synthesizing results into higher level conclusions
- Demonstrated proficiency working independently with peer engineers from other subsystems (e.g., Thermal, Mechanical, Avionics) to drive progress on assigned tasks
- Technical communication skills needed for delivering reports and presentations
- Familiar with solar photovoltaic and lithium-ion battery technology
- Experience with grid schemes, instrumentation, and fault protection
- Experience with multiple switching power supply topologies at the design and build level.
- Experience with AC modulation schemes (PWM, Space Vector Control)
- Experience using SPICE for circuit analysis/modeling and familiarity with power electronics
- Familiarity with power system telemetry measurement and processing
- Experience with feedback loop design and analysis.
- Experience with digital control of switching power supplies.
- Experience with plant stability analysis (Power Bus Architectures, Nyquist Stability Analysis)
- Experience with power budgeting process and system level energy balance analysis
- Experience with magnetics design and testing.
- Knowledge of spacecraft environmental tests
- Familiarity with NASA-STD-4001, NASA-STD-4003, and MIL-STD-461
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.