Plant Integration Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Plant Integration Engineer, Plant Layout opportunity.
- Provides integration and oversight to geographically diverse team members to develop the 3D plant model and associated drawings
- Manages the strategy for smart phased population of the model over time, based on the active design phase and with the goal of minimizing rework
- Works closely with system leads and partner organizations to coordinate integration between the Plant 3D model and project design products, including SolidWorks models, component drawings and specifications, and system requirements
- Works closely with company partners or Architect/Engineer firm(s) to establish and control interfaces to balance of plant (BOP) systems and structures
- Supports development of documentation and relevant procedures for modeling work and plant design integration
- Manages plant arrangement risks such as space envelope reservations, maintenance and testing requirements, construction considerations, etc.
- Coordinates with other design groups and system lead engineers to ensure the design and model is consistent across interfacing systems
- Provides technical support to plant model development and design integration using project collaboration and design tools
- The successful candidate will display leadership skills by helping the project team strategically plan the progression of model updates as well as strategically plan the design assumptions in the 3D model while all finalized design decisions are not yet known.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant design experience, preferably in nuclear power plant design or modifications.
- Must be proficient in 3D plant modeling tools, such as AVEVA, SmartPlant, or Revit; AVEVA experience preferred.
- The candidate must be self-sufficient in 3D model work.
- The candidate must be team oriented, and able to work effectively with geographically distributed and possibly international design team members.
- Experience in working with a 3D plant model in a hosting or workshare environment between multiple companies or sites is desirable.
- Possess project management skills enabling coordination of model updates across multiple organizations to meet schedule needs, and to manage any subcontracts associated with modeling work.
- Strong communication skills and be able to provide leadership in presenting 3D model content to senior management, the engineering team, customers etc.
- Ability to work in a conceptual design environment effectively where design assumptions must be made.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- 12 month contract
- Location: 100% REMOTE acceptable
- Pay Rate Range: $65- $80/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.