Plant Integration Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity for a Plant Integration Engineer with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Coordinate between project safety analysis, PRA and SSC design teams. Work between analysis and design teams to ensure alignment between assumptions and considerations made in safety analysis and PRA work and ongoing SSC design work.
- Understood assumptions and considerations made by PRA, and ensure assumptions are visible and are being implemented by design teams.
- Pursue optimization requests from design team to safety analysis and PRA teams.
- Lead cross cutting analysis and design decisions.
- Provide oversight to partners and subcontractors developing SSC designs for the reactor.
- Coordinate the review of analyses, such as thermal, seismic, structural, pipe stress, heat transfer, and other analyses performed by others and integrate the results into plant design delivery.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, IEEE, NFPA, etc.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Support design reviews as plant system and subsystem designs are established and refined.
- B.S. in Nuclear, Mechanical, Electrical or related discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years direct experience with proven SSC design skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the design of complex systems, structures, and equipment in a nuclear application.
- Experience with performing thermal hydraulic analyses, safety analyses and probabilistic risk analysis in a nuclear application.
- Experience in multi-discipline and multi-organization design integration required.
- Experience in high temperature design preferred.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear handling process systems, or similar high-performance systems or equipment design.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’ s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work on simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience working to quality standards on design activities, such as ASME NQA-1 or ISO 9001.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.