Plant Delivery Design Control Coordinator
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting REMOTE contract Plant Delivery Design Control Coordinator opportunity.
- Manage detailed schedule logic tie interfaces for design control package activities within the Plant Delivery design team, as well as the external logic links to other design team areas. Create and track milestones alignment to task activities.
- Support project fiscal year schedule, resource, and budget planning efforts.
- Manage modifications to the high-level engineering schedule through interfaces with the project controls organization on behalf of engineering.
- Initiate and facilitate change process approvals for new and emerging engineering activities consistent with project scheduling standards.
- Align and manage breakdown of high-level engineering tasks into discretized activity schedules (subtask breakdown) for a multitude of design teams.
- Support the coordination of technical integration team meetings and status updates
- Verify and track team assignments within schedule, manage engineering resource leveling over time and generate resource forecasting on a weekly basis.
- Communicate and coordinate buy-in from relevant stakeholders and track requests to resource managers.
- Develop, refine, and manage the standard design activity sequences in preparation for schedule development of future design phases and procurement activities.
- Generating detailed versions for specific activity sequences such as procurements or integrated analyses.
- Gather status reporting from design teams and manage updates to project reporting venues.
- Provide periodic status updates to key engineering leaders and identify pinch points in resource allocations and/or sequence timing.
- B.S. or higher in a relevant Engineering discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years direct experience with project management.
- PMP certification preferred
- Demonstrated experience in project management of engineering activities in the nuclear field, or similar energy, infrastructure or aerospace fields.
- Strong understanding of technical schedule management, including project reporting, schedule development, logic sequences, and resource forecasting.
- Experience with Primavera P6, Microsoft Project or additional equivalent project management tools a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as Confluence and JIRA a plus.
- Knowledge of design control and configuration control principals desired.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional efforts with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between priorities.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Pay Rate Range: $55-70/h
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.