Physical Security Systems Architect
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Physical Security Systems Architect opportunity.
- Responsible for interfacing and supporting geographically diverse and international design team members to develop supporting design documentation. The design team members include in-house and subcontracted resources and may include partner/customer resources as well.
- Lead design of physical security instrumentation and control and supporting digital systems from system and sub-system functional requirements through final design.
- Develop and review system and component-level specifications and scopes of work.
- Perform engineering and design evaluations in the application of nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC regulations.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related physical security design standards.
- Specify and describe Digital Asset control implementation techniques for use in sodium fast reactor and integrated energy storage technology environments, including analysis of Digital Asset system function impacts.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex instrumentation and control digital system architecture design.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Requirements Documents, System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Create and manage drawing packages of system and sub-system designs, including but not limited to P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, control logic and loop diagrams, and instrument installation drawings, etc.
- Generate integrated design package for key systems and sub-systems.
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet TerraPower requirements, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate security systems architecture with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with the Physical Security Plan.
- B.S. or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited university and 6+ years direct experience with proven security digital systems architecture skills. Higher education will count toward years of experience.
- Candidates must have experience in instrumentation and controls digital system development, integration, and a demonstrated ability to design and deliver industrial digital systems and report data accordingly.
- Previous experience with nuclear security systems or nuclear digital system design is mandatory.
- Familiar with IEEE and IEC standards desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with Nuclear Cyber Security Plan desired, but not required.
- Familiarity with implementing design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g., 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Experience operating credited nuclear digital systems is desired, but not required.
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Familiarity with working with and/or developing industrial process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping & instrument diagrams (P&ID) desired but not required.
- Experience with CAD software to deliver design deliverables (e.g., AutoCAD Standard, AutoCAD Electrical, or SolidWorks), desired but not required.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate and lead a design team’s effort with minimal direction.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Experience with formal digital system implementation testing procedure desired, but not required.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay rate range: $70-100/h DOE
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, 2 insurance plans (100% paid for employee only -HDHP plan, and a buy up POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.