15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Payroll/Benefits Analyst opportunity located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Support payroll/benefits administrations, compliance for remote workforce across multiple states outside of Washington State
- Register new local and state tax jurisdictions
- Timely and accurately process multi-state payroll withholding, remittance of payroll taxes including federal, state, local taxes, any amendments as needed.
- Understand proper taxation for employer paid benefits for multi-state payrolls
- Track multi-state payroll/benefits compliance year-round (i.e. PTO, overtime), provide employee communications, help with completing year-end compliance requirements.
- Review and incorporate any multi-state payroll/benefits required disclosures in the annual open enrollment materials, benefits summary, certification and contracts or accuracy, and distribute required documents for compliance
- Prepare bi-weekly multi-state payroll and benefits reconciliation, quarterly W-2 review, conduct internal benefits audit to ensure data integrity
- Calculate tax gross up related to relocation Calculate workers compensation and quarterly Washington State L&I owed
- Assists with internal and external audits. i.e. workers compensation, insurance audit, L&I, DOL, 401K, GAAP financial and other compliance audits
- Support benefits and leave administration experience including health, disability, life, and 401(k) as well as ancillary benefits
- Assist annual open enrollment, new hire enrollments, qualifying life events/benefit changes
- Partnering with benefits broker to support insurance claims and general troubleshooting
- Support leave eligibility and calculations, partnering with our vendors, insurance carriers and benefit broker to resolve issues such as billing and claims
- Perform payroll/benefits reconciliation per internal procedure and identify and resolve payroll issues timely
- Assist On-boarding new employees including leading new hire orientation, explanation of benefits, policies and systems, prepare new hire packets and post on-boarding orientation follow up
- Assist Off board terminating employees in ADP, complete HR termination template request, submit the insurance carrier template and notify the COBRA vendor if needed
- Adhere to compliance calendar deadlines
- Submit Internal Communications and updating benefit notifications/materials to TP Web
- Support HRIS integration with ADP. Routine cross check of HR information in HRIS with ADP employee of records.
- Assist with employee questions/changes for direct deposit, tax withholding allowances, qualifying life events, benefit changes, etc.
- Identify opportunities for process and systems improvements. Assist any ad hoc projects as needed
- At a minimum, four year BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or General Business
- A minimum of four years of payroll/benefits administration experience including health, disability, life, and 401(k) as well as ancillary benefits
- Experienced with research, tracking, setting up tax registration, remittance payroll tax withholding, monitoring compliance of multi-state payroll
- Customer service oriented in high growth, high touch organization
- Accuracy, time management, and timely follow-up
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and able to quickly adapt to other Finance and Accounting systems (Netsuite, Oracle Fusion, PDS VISTA, ADP)
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, experience with ADP preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; high degree of accuracy
- Experience completing payroll journal entries, month end payroll reconciliation and an understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to multi-task. Handle payroll processing, benefits projects and ad hoc requests timely and accurately
- Capable of quickly comprehending new information and technologies
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication skills, comfortable working with operations team/non-accounting professionals
- Ability to keep payroll and Human Resource information confidential
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect with a desire to foster teamwork
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $68,359 - $117,379
- *Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 – 1.0 of the mid-point of the posted salary band. Any salary offered within the posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with the selected individual’s qualifications and experience. This range is specific to Washington State.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.