Paas System engineer
2000 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 150 San Ramon, CA 94583
Position Title: Paas System Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Ramon, California.
- Design, Test and deliver Services Administration to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of PaaS.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale PaaS.
- Design and build advanced automated Service deployment frameworks.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of Cassandra, PostGres, RabbitMQ
- AWS required - (Azure - nice to have)
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation
- 8am to 5pm Monday – Friday and also participate in 24x7 rotation including on-call and off shifts
- Day-to-day troubleshooting of problems and performance issues in the clusters. Investigate and characterize non-trivial performance issues in various environments
- BS /MS degree in Computer Science and 8+ years of Operations/administration experience in large scale PaaS environment.
- Experience in one or more of: Perl, Python or scripting experience in Shell.
- Experience working with Cassandra, PostGres, RabbitMQ.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies, particularly OVM, VMWare, Xen, and/or KVM is a plus
- Networking: experience with network theory e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc., MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing; SND +.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.