Order Management Specialist
30031 Ahern Avenue, Union City, CA 94587 Union City, CA 94587 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Order Management Specialist with our client located in Union City, CA.
- Process all customer orders through the SAP system, which are received via email or phone. Orders include both soft goods and capital equipment, which must be processed accurately and in line with product pricing & delivery expectations.
- Run a variety of open order reports, according to department procedures, on a daily basis. This includes: orders on hold, backorders, orders on delivery or billing blocks, etc. to ensure orders are reviewed and transact correctly.
- Collaborate with Operations and Shipping departments to review open orders that have not shipped and determine next steps where appropriate.
- Process consignment/demo inventory transaction requests for physical and/or virtual product movement.
- Serve as main contact on key customer communication and deliver superior service to ensure a positive and productive customer experience; develop and maintain positive customer relations.
- Research status of order placement and relay information to customer as needed.
- Participate in continuous process improvements by providing input and descriptive, yet concise, documentation for the department’s processes; assist in developing process documentation and keeping it updated to ensure optimal efficiencies are reached within and across teams.
- Resolve product issues by clarifying the customer’s questions and/or concerns; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting to resolve the issue; following up to ensure resolution.
- Ensure escalated customer related issues are addressed quickly and as positively as possible, communicate and consult with management to ensure the issues have been addressed appropriately should follow up be necessary.
- Support various product audits and audit resolution actions.
- May be assigned to specific projects by management.
- Responsible for cleanliness, organization, and overall Sales Operation Department appearance.
- Analyze problems and formulate plans resulting in quick resolve while maintaining a high degree of quality. Make sound and logical decisions and choose the appropriate course of action based on the parameters of the situation at hand and to use continual improvement problem solving skills.
- Create an ongoing effort to improve the Company and the Sales Operations Department through personal action and by contributing ideas to support both the Department and Company’s ongoing improvement efforts.
- Understand, follow and support company’s internal Quality System policies, procedures and work instructions including but not limited to applicable external regulations (21 Code of Federal Regulations Part 820 Quality System Regulations and applicable International Standards).
- Requires 4-6 years of related experience. Experience with SAP or top tier ERP system. HS diploma, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to clearly express oneself verbally in the English language using good grammar, vocabulary, and voice inflection; must have a pleasant demeanor and clear telephone speaking voice.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to use Microsoft products such as Outlook and Word.
- Working knowledge of ERP system for order entry.
- SAP experience is preferred within a Customer Service/Call Center environment.
- Able to type a minimum of 50 wpm preferred.
- Strong customer service focus; ability to problem solve and follow through on customer requests or concerns.
- Knowledge of medical device or capital equipment orders is a plus.
- Ability to function calmly in a fast-paced environment managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Ability to positively manage situations of a dynamic nature; to be able to modify plans, actions, and decisions in light of changing situations and circumstances while still meeting, or proposing modified, deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and effectively express oneself through written means, to properly use such technical factors as grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, and correct spelling. To be able to prepare business letters, memorandums and reports.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic functions, create and reconcile reports, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding, and the regular use of a time management process, which systematically structures one’s own work to provide for effective task performance and to plan and prioritize items to meet future demands.
- Ability to establish and accomplish goals independently and to function as a positive and productive team member.
- Located in Union City, CA.
- Pay Rate: $27 - $41/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.