3640 150th Avenue Northeast Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for an Optical Engineer located in Redmond, WA.
- 5 plus years work related experience required.
- General optics knowledge
- Procurement, characterization, & alignment of optical components
- Lab equipment such as mechanical fixtures, function generators, oscilloscopes, and I/O interfaces for automation
- Coding for optical algorithms, station development (e.g. Python), and data analysis (e.g. JMP)
- Software skills, specifically to dig into python code to learn about and improve test & measurement stations
- Hardware skills to align optics and work on station calibration and development
- Data analysis (e.g. correlating simulation data with production data)
- Ideal if they have test and characterization experience with display panel technologies (e.g. LCoS panels, Radiant colorimeters, etc.)
- Experience with shipping a product/product cycle is nice to have.
Must Have Skills:
- Experience with aligning optics
- Characterizing optical components
- Experience with Python
- Location: Redmond, WA.
- Pay Range: $70 - 87/hr.
- Passing Background Check required for Employment
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.