Operations Technician II
1120 South Tryon Street Charlotte, NC 28203 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Contract Operation Technician opportunity located in Charlotte, NC
- Monitors and maintains management networks.
- Maintain excellent acknowledgement and response time to alarms and customer calls.
- Opens trouble tickets and works the repair of management network element connectivity with field operations, and other work groups.
- Knowledge of equipment specific maintenance procedures and can assist field ops in equipment restoration.
- Provide high quality documentation of network failures and maintenance activity.
- Establish factual data to allow management and vendors to understand the problem and prevent reoccurrence.
- Analyze, diagnose, sectionalize, isolate, and resolve trouble situations.
- Manage and correlate multiple trouble reports.
- Communicate with internal customers and others in a repair situation.
- Provide Tier II support in platforms supported
- Manage and guide restoration bridges during outage conditions
- Provide direct support to technicians in restoration activities associated with alarm and/or outage conditions of elements managed.
- Interact with all Tier repair teams. Initiate internal/external escalations, as necessary.
- Provide follow up and closure of assigned trouble tickets
- Take the lead in driving equipment and facility repair.
- Follow MOPs, anticipate problems, and take corrective action proactively.
- Understands and researches technical issues through vendor documentation.
- Works with minimal supervision in NOC environment.
- Makes assignments for new management network connection requests and provisions and tests connections with techs in field.
- Will be troubleshooting in office connectivity (Ethernet, RS232, ISDN, X.25, Sync, and Async reverse telnet). Communicates effectively with peers, other NOC centers, off-net providers, and internal customers.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, and Nokia platforms
- Layers 2 & 3 switch and router configuration and management.
- Knowledge and experience in network architecture of ethernet network services and systems
- Basic knowledge of ethernet technology platforms, including lower level applications and associated technologies and configurations
- Knowledge of Element Management Systems (EMS), Operational Support Systems (OSS), network inventory, alarming, provisioning and other support systems is a plus
- Experience with isolation of telecom and/or network outage causes and service restorations
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office program suite
- Telecom/Cable/Internet Service Provider industry experience
- Cisco or Junos Certification
- X.25 experience
- VPRN and BGP familiarity
- Location: Charlotte, NC (fully remote acceptable)
- Pay Rate Range: $23 – 29/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.