Nuclear Work Management Procedure Writer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Nuclear Work Management Procedure Writer opportunity.
- Develops and executes a plan for creating, organizing, and tracking development of NDP work management processes and procedures.
- Develops and maintains standards for implementing and streamlining NDP work management processes and procedures.
- Coordinates with other departments for cross-discipline procedure reviews and work management and supporting software development and implementation.
- Uses smart procedures or other software-based support tools to develop electronic procedures.
- Conducts or obtains necessary 10CFR50.59 and 10CFR72.48 reviews.
- Uses industry practices to develop high-quality procedures which minimize risk of safety or human performance events.
- Engages with industry peers, 3rd party vendors, NEI, and other organizations to find innovative methods & technologies for developing work management processes and procedures.
- Ensuring work management procedures comply with company standards, NRC regulations, INPO accreditation criteria, and other codes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides regular training and mentoring to company personnel on the processes and standards associated with developing and revising NDP work management procedures.
- Incorporates information gained from INPO Significant Operating Experience Reports, NRC Circulars, Bulletins, and Information Notices, plant design changes, plant procedure changes and revisions, and new regulations, and training effectiveness reports into the work management procedures, as applicable.
- Develops and maintains knowledge of plant design, plant maintenance, disciplinary skills and techniques, commensurate with the responsibility to develop effective, high-quality procedures.
- Supervises collection and maintenance of auditable procedure development and revision records.
- Assists the Procedure Manager in establishing department goals, and cost estimates that result in budgeted activities for the assigned area including specific project or subject matter areas as assigned.
- Although primary focus is work management processes and procedures, perform other assigned tasks that support meeting site procedure development schedules.
- 5 years of commercial nuclear power plant online and outage work management experience OR 5 years of experience writing nuclear power plant online and outage work management procedures.
- 3 years of experience writing nuclear power plant maintenance or work management procedures.
- High level of knowledge of nuclear power plant systems and terminology.
- Experience with interpreting relevant nuclear information and standards in strict procedural and regulatory compliance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with smart procedures, work management software, and other software-based procedure tools.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for procedural excellence.
- Self-starter who can develop innovative solutions with minimal supervision.
- The successful candidate will: possess a high degree of trust and integrity, openly communicate, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Understand how individual actions and decisions can positively and negatively affect the ability of the total organization to meet its requirements to regulatory agencies and to the public.
- Adapt well to emergent changes due to changes in plant design, plant procedures, schedule changes, or other challenges associated with the design, construction, and commissioning of a new nuclear power plant.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-90/h DOE
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.