Nuclear Methods Manager
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire Nuclear Methods Manager opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Responsible for coordination and oversight of a geographically-diverse methods team to develop reactor models, methods, and tools. The team members include company employees, subcontractor employees, and partner engineers and teams.
- Manage and guide development of neutronics methodologies in areas such as in-core flux and energy deposition, depletion, and decay heat.
- Manage and guide development of neutronics benchmarks such as Zero Power Physics Reactor (ZPPR), Fast Flux Test Facility (FFTF), and Experiment Breeder Reactor II (EBR-II) to support validation of neutronics methodologies
- Manage and guide activities supporting commercial grade dedication of neutronics solvers such as MCNP and DIF3D
- Manage and guide activities supporting software development of in-house neutronics tools
- Define and monitor partner activities supporting Nuclear Methods
- Define and monitor Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA) activities with US National Laboratories supporting Nuclear Methods
- Assign proper quality assurance levels of work packages and verify their compliance to current procedures
- Support employee professional development and growth through mentoring, training, and challenging assignments within the specific program engineering efforts as assigned.
- Perform personnel management support, such as the recruitment, onboarding, indoctrination of new engineers, promotion, termination, etc.
- Plan, monitor, revise, and report on the team’s performance against the schedule baseline and manage corrective actions to areas of underperformance. Take proactive action to correct negative trends and resolve conflicts in quality, priority, and forecast completion dates.
- Participate in management discussions on strategy, budget, goals, resources, and team performance.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Nuclear Engineering from accredited university. M.S. and Ph.D. are preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in nuclear methods and analysis with a B.S. degree, or 5+ years with an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.
- 2+ years in either a technical leadership or management role with demonstrated success.
- Strong understanding of fast reactor physics, design principles, and tools (e.g., DIF3D and MC2-3).
- Experience with code validation such as comparing to experimental benchmarks (e.g., ZPPR, FFTF, and EBR-II).
- Experience with common physics tools such as MCNP, SERPENT, ORIGEN, and CASMO/SIMULATE.
- Experience working with multi-contributor code development projects.
- Comfortable with ASME NQA-1 and directing technical work under evolving procedures
- Experience interfacing with other engineering disciplines, especially mechanical, fuel performance, and thermal/hydraulics.
- Familiarity with project management concepts. Ability to develop and maintain schedule of group activities jointly with project controls team. Familiarity with Primavera P6 is valuable.
- Exceptional communication skills to integrate with a geographically diverse engineering team.
- Ability to manage numerous competing priorities concurrently during a given work week and work with minimal direction to manage and guide technical work.
- Possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Familiarity with scripting and programming languages, especially Python. C++ and Fortran are also valuable.
- Familiarity with Linux high performance computing platforms. Experience with Slurm and the bash shell are valuable.
- Familiarity with programming paradigms such as version control and integrated development environments (IDE).
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $154,405- $218,119
**Typically, our employee salaries are within .90 – 1.0 of the mid-point of the posted salary band. Any salary offered within the posted salary band is based on market data and commensurate with the selected individual’s qualifications and experience. This range is specific to Washington State.**
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.