Nuclear Maintenance Procedure Writer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent staffing has an exciting REMOTE contract opportunity for a Nuclear Maintenance Procedure Writer position.
- Develops and executes a plan for creating, organizing, and tracking the NDP maintenance procedures.
- Develops and maintains the processes and standards for writing and revising NDP maintenance procedures.
- Coordinates with other departments for cross-discipline procedure reviews and database implementation.
- Uses smart procedures or other software-based support tools to develop electronic procedures.
- Conducts or obtains necessary 10 CFR 50 reviews
- Uses industry practices to develop high-quality procedures which minimize the risk of safety or human performance events.
- Engages with industry peers, 3rd party vendors, NEI, and other organizations to find innovative methods & technologies for developing and using plant maintenance procedures.
- Ensuring maintenance procedures comply with company standards, NRC regulations, INPO accreditation criteria, and other codes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Provides regular training and mentoring to company personnel on the processes and standards associated with developing and revising NDP maintenance procedures.
- Incorporates information gained from INPO Significant Operating Experience Reports, NRC Circulars, Bulletins, and Information Notices, plant design changes, plant procedure changes and revisions, and new regulations, and training effectiveness reports into the maintenance procedures, as applicable
- Develops and maintains knowledge of plant design, plant maintenance, disciplinary skills and techniques, commensurate with the responsibility to develop effective, high-quality procedures.
- Supervises the collection and maintenance of auditable procedure development and revision records.
- Assists the Procedure Manager in establishing department goals, and cost estimates that result in budgeted activities for the assigned area including specific project or subject matter areas as assigned.
- Associates degree in science/engineering
- 5 years of commercial nuclear power plant maintenance experience OR 5 years of experience writing nuclear power plant maintenance procedures
- 3 years of experience writing nuclear power plant maintenance procedures.
- High level of knowledge of nuclear power plant systems and terminology
- Experience with interpreting relevant nuclear information and standards in strict procedural and regulatory compliance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with smart procedures or other software-based procedure tools.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and aspiration for procedural excellence
- Self-starter who can develop innovative solutions with minimal supervision
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, able to communicate openly, and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork
- Understands how individual actions and decisions can positively and negatively affect the ability of the total organization to meet its requirements to regulatory agencies and to the public
- Adapts well to emergent changes due to changes in plant design, plant procedures, schedule changes, or other challenges associated with the design, construction, and commissioning of a new nuclear power plant.
- Pay Rate Range: $55-75/h
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.