Nuclear Licensing Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Title: Nuclear Licensing Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Nuclear Licensing Engineer opportunity.
- Drafts, authors, and reviews licensing documents including sections of a Construction Permit Application, Preliminary Safety Analysis Report, and Environmental Report
- Interface with the Licensing Team to complete licensing tasks
- Coordinating with design personnel to ensure designs and design changes meet regulatory requirements
- Preparing, reviewing, and maintaining licensing documentation in compliance with regulations and quality assurance standards
- Interfacing with technical discipline teams
- Preparing and reviewing technical material
- Reviewing correspondence to and from the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited, four-year university or equivalent experience
- Capability and willingness to adhere to strict quality assurance standards.
- Self-Starter with ability to manage deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and Adobe
- 5 or more years demonstrated, applicable experience in nuclear licensing, or comparable field
- Familiarity with US NRC 10 CFR regulations and guidance
- Familiarity with 10 CFR 50 Construction Permit Applications
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on writing and interpersonal skills
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications
- Location: Remote acceptable
- Pay Rate Range: $80-110/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.