Network Virtualization Engineer
2000 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 150 San Ramon, CA 94583
Position Title: Network Virtualization Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Ramon, California.
- Design and develop Predix Cloud Infrastructure Automation framework and solutions
- Automation of deployment, customization, releases, patches, upgrades and monitoring through modern DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Create fully automated cloud infrastructure that spans across multiple regions
- Design and develop new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
- Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and resolving incidents simpler and more robust
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or in “ STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, including languages, systems and frameworks such as Go, Python and Java.
- 2+ years of experience building customer-facing services.
- Hands-on experience working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment
- Familiarity with PaaS offerings such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or similar.
- Experience with Object-oriented software design and development
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Working knowledge of Unix tools.
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure tools, particularly Mesos, Hadoop or Consul.
- Understanding of cloud application design principles
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in source control tools such as git, Subversion, or Perforce.
- Experience with big data infrastructure like Hadoop, Mongo DB, Cassandra or large SQL deployments are a big plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.