Network Systems Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Title: Network Systems Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Network Systems Engineer opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks for clients
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting network equipment
- Configuring firewalls, routing, and switching
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Maximizing wireless network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Investigating faults in the network and updating equipment
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- Stay up to date on industry standards and network equipment
- Work with a team of IT system engineers and managers
- 5+ years of network engineer experience required
- Knowledge of full spectrum of enterprise networking hardware
- Experience with Aruba CX, Palo Alto, and other solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of Layer2/3 technologies and protocols
- Knowledge of application-level protocols such as SNMP, telnet, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DHCPv6, DNS. 802.1x, IPSec
- Networking certifications - ACSP, CCNP, or equivalent knowledge to be demonstrated
- Ability to build rapport with business partners
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.