Network Software Engineer - Virtualization Automation
2000 Crow Canyon Place, Suite 150 San Ramon, CA 94583 | Contract
Position Title: Network Software Engineer – Virtualization Automation
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Ramon, California.
- Architect, design and implement next-generation scalable cloud meets the security and key stakeholder requirements in a fast paced environment.
- Lead implementation, operations and support of the cloud infrastructure – VMWare virtualization, compute, software defined storage, networks, applications and business processes. This is a hands-on technical operations role responsible for performance, availability, security, elasticity and scalability of the multi cloud environment.
- Automation of deployment, customization, releases, patches, upgrades and monitoring through modern DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Create fully automated cloud infrastructure that spans across multiple regions
- Design and develop new tools and smart alerts that help discover failures/issues in a timely fashion
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential improvements
- Define and evangelize cloud-related optimizations and best practices to improve reliability and performance
- Develop automation, processes, and tools designed to make responding to and resolving incidents simpler and more robust
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or in “ STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- 6+ years’ experience in software development, including languages, systems and frameworks such as Go, Python and Java.
- 5-7 years’ of experience supporting large enterprise network infrastructure (e.g. at a Fortune 500 company)
- Hands-on experience working with private or public cloud services in a highly available and scalable production environment
- Hands-on experience in 24x7x365 technical operations of cloud infrastructure for Linux system administration and VMWare.
- Define and lead proof of concepts and pilots to support the use of cloud computing.
- Responsible for multiple infrastructure environments – development, staging, QA. R&D and production environment monitoring, performance, release/deployment, security, reliability, availability, capacity, latency, and other non-functional concerns.
- Experience working with Web Application Firewalls, DNS & IPAM solutions.
- Familiarity with modern infrastructure tools, particularly Mesos, Hadoop or Consul.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience in source control tools such as git, Subversion, or Perforce.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.