Network Engineer IV
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Network Engineer IV
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Troubleshoot Peering and CDN escalations in adherence to SLAs
- Perform detailed troubleshooting remotely and engage and manage vendors, peering partners as needed to fix hardware and performance issues at the POP and CDN sites.
- Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network.
- Manage project timelines to support network improvement within expected completion intervals.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
- Follow, improve, and implement data center and POP best practices.
- Work closely with Network Engineering, Logistics, and equipment vendors as new equipment and technologies are integrated into the production network.
- Monitor incident queue and take ownership or distribute to the team members tasks/tickets within the scope of this engagement.
- Participate in on call activities and follow escalation process to support the infrastructure 24/7.
- Experience with NOC/TAC environments and working to SLAs.
- Experience with routing and switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, STP, VLAN, VRRP, CDP, LLDP, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, and MPLS.
- Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures, including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms.
- Experience with DNS, load balancing, Content Delivery Networks and Internet Peering strategies.
- Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with programming/scripting languages is strongly desired.
- Solid understanding of Queue Management for tasks and incidents, vendor.
- Experience with work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem-solving abilities under pressure.
- Solid understanding of fiber-optic technology including cable types, connector types, optic types, patch panels, and optical transport technologies.
- Proficiency in Linux operating system.
- Excellent communication skills, should be able to work with service providers and colocation facilities around the world.
- Ability to work within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
- Ability to capture and analyze traffic.
- Certification such as CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIS, RHCSA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Weekend and shift may be required.
- Education: Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, RHCT desired. CCNP or JNCIP a plus.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.