Network Engineer 4
3640 150th Avenue Northeast Redmond, WA 98052 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for a Network Engineer 4 with our client located in Redmond, WA.
- Looking for an independent, fully hands on Network engineer to work with Product R&D Team on a Network Solution.
- It is not a production setup but a R&D Lab where Embedded Cisco Switch/Router and Virtual Palo Alto Firewall are being deployed on the client’s Device.
- Configuration changes on Cisco Embedded Switches/Routers and Palo Alto Firewall will need to be made on adhoc basis, tested and help Customer come up with an optimal Network Solution for Client’s End Customers.
- 50% utilization for:
- Keep the lights ON for existing Network Setup (Cisco Embedded Series ES3300 + Palo Alto Firewall)
- Make network configuration changes on adhoc basis, test and release it for the Customer
- Setup Palo Alto Firewall (Virtual edition) from scratch in On-Prem mode
- Migrate entire setup from On-Prem to Azure
- Automation using Power Shell or Python 50% Utilization for helping Eng team on Azure Build Pipelines
- 8-10 Years of Network related work experience required
- 4 years Automation experience - ideally Power Shell or Python
- 7 years Cisco experience
- Cisco certification preferred
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification is ideal
- 4 years Palo Alto experience (Virtual Edition is ideal)
- Palo Alto firewall certification preferred
- Excellent quality of work and track record of meeting deadlines
- Job Type-Contract hire
- Location: Redmond, WA-Onsite (20% Hybrid)
- Pay Range: $68-80/hr. DOE
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass the background check will not be considered for employment.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid HDHP insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.