Network Engineer, Deployment & Support
1 Hacker Way Menlo Park, CA 94025 | Contract
Position Title: Network Engineer, Deployment & Support
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting opportunity with our client in Menlo Park, CA.
- Deployment, configuration, and management of all network infrastructure on our datacenter campus.
- Work with partner teams and vendors to manage day-to-day operations and reliability of the regional network.
- Schedule and perform maintenance including upgrades, migrations, and decommissioning of production networks.
- Create deployment packages and maintain as-built documentation and asset database for installed network gear.
- Establish and implement global best practices and contribute to the design of new scalable network solutions.
- Support the development, testing and integration of new hardware and software platforms into the network.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support the regional network infrastructure 24x7.
- 6+ years of related work experience responsible for designing, deploying and operating large-scale networks.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switching protocols (BGP, IS-IS, MPLS, RSVP-TE, VRRP).
- Working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/UDP, DHCP, DNS) and experience with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Experience working in a multi-vendor environment with hands-on experience with networking hardware.
- Working knowledge of physical infrastructure design including structured cabling and fiber-optic cabling.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver against mission critical deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced global team environments and solve problems with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of 40/100G Ethernet and CWDM, DWDM and optical transport network technologies.
- Experience with field-based work in Data Centers, Colocation Facilities, Internet Exchanges, or Central Offices.
- Working knowledge of data center power and cooling infrastructure and critical facility operational best practices.
- Familiarity with the Linux based systems.
- Experience with scripting and automation (Bash, Python, Perl).
- Technical leadership capabilities and people management experience.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.