8221 44th Ave. W, Suite G Mukilteo, WA 98275
Position Title: Network Administrator
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client Mukilteo, Washington.
- Manage and monitor the network infrastructure including:
- Diagnosing and resolving network problems to ensure maximum availability of networks.
- Perform and oversee the configuration and optimization of routers and switches to support the full range of network-related services.
- Devices include switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, servers, and virtual appliances/servers.
- Maintain detailed, up-to-date documentation of system configurations, network topologies, management procedures, and vendor support contacts.
- Layer 3 switching, VLAN routing, network traffic shaping and throttling
- Determine operational weaknesses within the existing network infrastructure and present execution plans to overcoming those concerns in a timely fashion while still making the most cost-efficient use of resources.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to improve the security and/or performance of existing environments.
- Perform help desk requests in a tier III capacity and assist with tier I & tier II support as needed.
- Interact with other teams to provide escalation support during outages and customer issues even if the problem might not be directly related to the network infrastructure.
- Interact directly with technical and non-technical customers/vendors to resolve incidents ad manage project tasks.
- Documents IT network and security activities such as downtime, problems, ad systems configurations.
- Maintain a positive ad professional attitude while participating in after hours or weekend network maintenance on an ad-hoc basis.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot routing, security/NT policies on physical and virtual firewalls and routers.
- Proactively monitors the network and servers for performance issues, hardware failures and unwanted intrusions.
- Performs a variety of duties in the installation, testing, configuration and troubleshooting of hardware and software applications and equipment.
- Implementation and enforcement of existing and self-designed security measures and policies to protect company networks from both external and internal attacks and/or abuses.
- Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot IPsec ad VPN tunnels between sites and VPN servers for remote user access.
- An appropriate level of experience in Networking
- An appropriate level of experience in Computer Systems and Network Management
- Industry standard security certification (Sec+ or CISSP, CCNP or above)
- Skillset should include knowledge of the following technologies:
- Routing concepts ad technologies (BGP, OSPF, Static, Redistribution, etc.)
- Switching concepts ad technologies (VLAs, Bridging, Spanning Tree, Trunking, Leaf-Spine, etc.)
- Firewalls (WatchGuard, Fortinet, Cisco)Web filtering technologies network monitoring tools
- Modern Data Center Design
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.