9600 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Position Title: Metrology Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Position and Measure specified dimensional features of parts and verify dimensional integrity using CMM machines and conventional measuring equipment
- Identifies ad interprets casting dimensions on blueprints
- Constructs three-dimensional plane coordinates for measurement reference as defined on blueprints
- Completes a variety of mathematical calculations, including technical math, analytical geometry and trigonometry
- Measures and records specified dimensions using CMM’ s and conventional equipment to verify dimensional integrity
- Prepares and reviews layout reports describing all measurements taken
- Compares and analyzes measurements to customer requirements, DWFritz and industry standards
- Evaluates measurement data with Engineering and identifies probable causes of deviation
- Inspects new and reprocessed tools and fixtures as directed to assure compliance with dimensional specifications.
- Create inspection programs, routines, macros, files and reports to manipulate and direct data files
- Uses low-level computer language and CMM operational codes to create part inspection programs, routines, data base files and customizes printed reports
- Generates inspection data using CAD
- Prepares inspection plans and creates automated CMM inspection programs to inspect parts
- Document CMM inspection program output and usage instructions
- Strong fundamental and applied knowledge in precision industrial dimensional metrology
- Understanding of metrology concepts, GD&T, calibration, measurement uncertainty, MSA, R&R, statistical analysis
- Strong familiarity with contact and non-contact metrology technologies/sensors such as CMMs, profilometers, surfometers, roundness, automated in-line systems, LVDT, laser triangulation, structured light, interferometry, chromatic confocal, capacitance
- Familiarity with 3D analysis packages, such as Polyworks, Metrolog and ATOS (GOM)
- Familiarity with CMM inspection process packages such as Calypso and PCDMIS (Zeiss and Hexagon)
- Familiarity of dimensional requirements of precision components such as bearings or gears.
- Proficiency in MS Office including advanced Excel skills
- Able to assimilate/create procedures and communicate effectively throughout organization.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Comfortable presenting data to senior managers in meetings and via presentations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Problem solving ability independently and within a team environment.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to show initiative and adapt to rapid change in a fluid and flexible environment.
- Experience with CMMs
- Bachelor’ s Degree in mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering
- 5 years of experience developing and executing Metrology Inspection Strategies
- 5 years of experience with CAD software, such as SolidWorks, AutoDesk Inventor, or other modeling packages
- 5 years of experience related to manufacturing and/or metrology
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.