Mechanical Test Engineer
STUDIO B/2801 Redmond, WA 98059
Position Title: Mechanical Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Mechanical Test Engineer.
- Automated test fixture design and adaptation
- Consumer electronic product life and environmental testing
- Experience in hardware prototype bring-up, debug, fault detection, failure analysis and yield improvement
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical components (switches, encoders, connectors, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross functional groups including EE, optics and software both internally and externally
- Experience programming in LabView and basic PLC language. Coding is a plus.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years testing experience of consumer products at component and system levels
- Extensive experience performing mechanical measurements including force, displacement and dimensional verification
- Strong statistical analysis skills (6-Sigma, Cpk, trends)
- Proficiency with standard mechanical measurement devices
- Experience using solid modeling programs (ProE/Creo/SolidWorks)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.