Mechanical Systems Engineer - Ordnance
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Mechanical Systems Engineer - Ordnance
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Mechanical Systems Engineer in Kent, WA.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience designing and/or qualifying Aerospace or equivalent ordnance type components within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles.
- Strong space systems engineering and requirements management background.
- Experience with proposal development and supplier / customer interaction.
- Experience in Spacecraft ordnance designs such as separation bolts, pyro-valves, linear shape charges, pyrotechnic mortars, etc.
- Experience in aerospace deployable devices designs such as doors, landing gear or sensors.
- Experience in structural FEA using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar tools.
- Experience with one-or-more requirement management tools (e.g. DOORS, DOORS NG, Jama, Innoslate, Integrity, etc.)
- Familiarity with version control (e.g. Git/Gitlab, Subversion, Windchill)
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.