241 S Abbe Rd Elyria, OH 44035 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity as a Mechanical Engineer with our client located in Elyria, OH.
- Work with minimal supervision and uses originality, ingenuity and established procedures to perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace.
- Work on new product designs, modernization, and upgrades, as well as performs extensive analyses to ensure cost, quality, and customer requirements.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform daily assignments, applying principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems.
- Work effectively with all functional groups to achieve product performance and cost targets. Build quality and manufacturability into the design. Define/understand/comply with company and regulatory guidelines to assure a safe operating environment.
- Support continuous process improvement activities including Kaizen, 5S practices to ensure an organized and efficient working environment, and personal development.
- Demonstrate proficiency with verbal and written English for technical reports, presentations, analyses, or other communications at the appropriate level throughout the organization.
- Understand, decompose, and define product and process requirements to support product development, sustaining and R&D.
- Plan, estimate, prioritize, and manage work activities to support meeting project schedules and budgets.
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Produce thorough and accurate design and development work of suitable complexity that meets all customer specifications and company requirements for schedule, cost, producibility, quality, and reliability.
- Utilize proficient problem solving processes, documentation, tools and analyses to quickly and effectively identify root cause and corrective actions to technical challenges and/or issue in support of product development and product sustaining assignments
- Generate and review product development documentation including proposals, technical reports, procedures, correspondence, etc. necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements.
- Self-directed and motivated while working and communicating effectively within a team environment that consists of several engineering, operations, quality, and business disciplines.
- Provide support of IPT activities in collaboration with other technical, operations, quality, and business disciplines.
- Generate models and conduct analyses that are in compliance with customer requirements and appropriate agencies
- Perform design experiments and evaluate test results to validate analysis
- Generate and review documentation related to product development and prepare technical reports and documentation necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements, including proposals, procedures, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor or management
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred or BA or BS Degree in an engineering discipline required.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles, including mechanics of materials, shock, vibration, heat transfer, and dimensional tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of electronics packaging
- Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to assigned product or program
- Proficiency with mechanical 3D modeling software such as Creo or Pro/E (preferred), and familiarity with numerical analysis software.
- Self-directed/motivated and able to work and communicate well within a team that consists of Engineering, Manufacturing, and other disciplines
- Ability to effectively communicate in presentations, analyses, and reports
- Demonstrated ability to rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience with Systems is desired - at least an ability to talk about how the parts they design/made worked in their customer’s systems / applications.
- Experience working in / closely with a Manufacturing Environment strongly desired
- Experience with Rotating Machinery is a plus. Pumps, generators, motors, engines, etc.
- Experience in Aerospace is a plus
- Experience with Materials is a plus
- Proficiency with Stress Analysis / FEA and fluid dynamics / CFD
- Geometric tolerancing and dimensional analysis (stack-ups, creating/reading drawings, fits/clearances, etc.)
- Proficiency in Fluid Mechanics fundamentals but experience could be college experience if it is sufficiently advanced (research work – graduate or undergraduate – in a fluids lab environment,
- Computer Skills: Finite Element Analysis (Ansys preferred), CAD Drafting/3-D Solid Modeling (Pro/E preferred), Basic Programming
- Direct Hire
- Location: Elyria, OH Campus - Onsite
- Salary Range: 80K-110K (DOE) (plus annual company bonus)
- Work Authorization: ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.