241 S Abbe Rd Elyria, OH 44035 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Contract opportunity as a Mechanical Engineer with our client located in the greater Elyria, OH area.
- Assume complete responsibility for assigned proposals, projects, investigations, and/or other activities under the guidance of a supervising manager.
- Operate within cross-functional teams (engineering, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, business development, etc.) to achieve overall program objectives.
- Apply good program management skills on all assigned activities. Maintain control of project and product costs and schedules.
- Satisfy all department, project, and customer requirements including customer satisfaction, cost, quality, and delivery.
- Estimate and maintain effective control of project cost and schedule.
- Work effectively with all functional groups and/or suppliers to achieve product performance and cost targets.
- Define and manage technical and program requirements, including the generation and flow-down of subsystem specifications and requirements.
- Maintain technical liaison with customers, suppliers, contractors and other functional groups through effective teamwork and communication.
- Prepare technical reports and documentation necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements, including proposals, procedures, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Provide instruction, guidance, oversight and/or support to other personnel and/or disciplines supporting program objectives through utilization of engineering orders, test procedures, purchase requisitions, correspondence and other effective means.
- Maintain accurate program accounting through effective utilization of project records and data management.
- Identify, lead and/or support process definition and improvement efforts through support of Kaizen events or similar assignments.
- Primary agent for product design insuring that all design and analysis activities are complete, accurate, and meet program requirements. Responsibilities include the following categories: Product architecture / configuration, Performance (mechanical, electromechanical) Modeling, Analysis, Weight, Reliability, Materials, Safety
- Create, review and/or approve product drawings, drawing release packages, drawing revisions and other design documentation in concurrence with company procedures.
- Support the Material Review Board (MRB) in the assessment and disposition of non-conforming hardware and material within the scope of assign products.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of related experience
- Modeling experience is required to provide oversight of others, not to perform on the job.
- Proficiency with Stress Analysis / FEA and fluid dynamics / CFD for oversight of others.
- Geometric tolerancing and dimensional analysis (stack-ups, creating/reading drawings, fits/clearances, etc.) is required again for oversight of other's work.
- Proficiency in Fluid Mechanics fundamentals is required, Experience could be college experience if it is sufficiently advanced (research work – graduate or undergraduate – in a fluids lab environment,
- Occasional travel to customer and supplier facilities for technical interchange meetings, design reviews, product support, and technical seminars. Passport required.
- The fundamental engineering concepts listed are required as related to product design including the ability to effectively oversee, coach and/or mentor supporting engineers and assigned personnel: Fluid Dynamics, Statics & Dynamics, Design of Mechanical Components, Vibration, Stress and Strain, Coatings, & Heat Treating, Metallurgy, Strength of Materials, Drawing Layout / Stack-ups, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Computer Skills: Finite Element Analysis (Ansys preferred), CAD Drafting/3-D Solid Modeling (Pro/E preferred), Basic Programming
- Teamwork and individual growth are fostered to enable employees to contribute and achieve their fullest potential. All employees must work as a team to meet or excess internal and external customer expectations by providing innovative products and services on time, every time.
- Experience with Systems is desired - at least an ability to talk about how the parts they design/made worked in their customer’s systems / applications.
- Experience working in / closely with a Manufacturing Environment strongly desired
- Experience with Rotating Machinery is a plus. Pumps, generators, motors, engines, etc.
- Experience in Aerospace is a plus
- Experience with Materials is a plus
- Conttract -Potential to convert to FTE position.
- Location: Elyria, OH Campus - Onsite
- Pay Range: $40-$60/hr. (DOE)
- Work Authorization: ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.