Mechanical Engineer III
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer III
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer III Kent, WA.
- M.S. degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering or equivalent technical field.
- A minimum of 10 years of recent experience designing and/or qualifying Aerospace or equivalent ordnance type components within aircraft, spacecraft, or launch vehicles
- Space-systems engineering and requirements management background
- Experience with proposal development and with supplier and customer interactions
- Experience managing and working collaboratively in small teams on fast-paced projects.
- History of developing solutions with partially defined requirements and changing criteria.
- Proficiency in business and engineering software (i.e. MS Office, Creo, Windchill, PLM, etc).
- Must be able to support travel 25% of the time
- Experience across the product life cycle (pre-conceptual design through flight).
- Experience in Spacecraft ordnance designs such as separation bolts/nuts, pin pullers, detonation cords, linear explosive assemblies, thrusting rails, initiation devices, detonator booster assemblies, manifold design, detonation transfer analysis and testing, FCDCAs and other detonation transfer devices, separation system design, etc is also highly desired.
- Experience with Creo (Pro/E) Wildfire 5 or greater, Creo View, and Windchill 10.
- Experience performing basic structural FEA using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar tools
- Requirement management using DOORS, DOORS NG, etc.)
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
- Experience with ordnance handling and/or WA State Blasters Certification
- Knowledge of systems engineering practices, fabrication and integration processes, and quality control.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team responsible for selecting materials, manufacturing processes, and developing the design to produce world-class engineered products.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.