Mechanical Engineer III- Sensor & Microelectronics Packaging Specialist
16700 13th Ave West Lynnwood, WA 98037 US
Position Title: Mechanical Engineer III- Sensor & Microelectronics Packaging Specialist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer III- Sensor & Microelectronics Packaging Specialist with our client located in Lynnwood, WA.
- This Senior level Mechanical Engineer is a top contributor who needs little to no supervision and uses originality, ingenuity and experience to perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace.
- You will work within our client's collaborative Integrated Product Team environment while responsible for multiple independent tasks.
- Technical challenges and focus of this role is on Sensor & Microelectronics Packaging
- Deliver integrated sensor mechanical designs, from initial concept to production
- Analyze design requirements and objectives, define optimum design criteria and approach, design component or system elements
- Direct development testing on new or modified designs
- Mentor and lead other engineers in the area of expertise
- Plan, estimate, prioritize, and manage work activities to support meeting project schedules and budgets. Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Generate and review product development documentation, including proposals, technical reports, procedures, correspondence, etc. necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements.
- Self-directed and motivated while working and communicating effectively within a team environment that consists of several engineering, operations, quality, and business disciplines.
- Generate models and conduct analyses in compliance with customer requirements and appropriate regulatory agencies
- Perform design experiments and evaluate test results to validate analysis.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related engineering discipline. Master’s Degree or PhD is a plus.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in sensor and microelectronics packaging
- Prior knowledge and ability or expertise to address technical challenges for cost effective packaging of an expanded sensing product portfolio, including Proximity Sensors, Silicon-on-Sapphire Pressure Sensors, Multi-Parameter Sensors, and Wireless Sensing.
- Qualified applicants must be up to the challenges of increasing sensor performance and adding measured parameters for harsh environment aerospace & defense applications.
- Work experience in a highly regulated environment is a plus
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles, including mechanics of materials, materials science, shock, vibration, heat transfer, and dimensional tolerance analysis
- Proficiency with mechanical 3D modeling software such as Autodesk Inventor, and familiarity with numerical analysis software
- Sensing element mounting (chip on board, die attach/underfill, wire bonding, pad metallization, mechanical isolation)
- Microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) design for harsh environments
- Sensor and sensing element calibration/characterization
- Job Type-Direct hire
- Location: Lynnwood, WA Onsite 5 days a week
- Salary Range: $113,651-$128,600
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.